Alisa Robinson, Ph.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
I am a licensed psychologist practicing in the San Diego area specializing in life issues, relationships, anxiety, family issues, brain & behavior, and celebrity psychology
- I have over 12 years of experience treating individuals throughout the lifespan. I have worked with children, adolescents and adults doing individual, family and group therapy.
- I obtained my Ph.D. from the University of Southern California and studied Cognitive Science at the University of California, Irvine
- I am a professor at Argosy University where I teach students working towards their Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology
- I am a doctoral supervisor- I train Ph.D. candidates in individual and group therapy and neuropsychological testing
- I facilitate groups and classes- including a Anxiety Mangement group and a Mindfulness group for teens and young adults.
- I conduct neuropsychological testing. This testing is used to clarify an individual’s cognitive functioning. Many testing referrals are to evaluate functioning following head trauma or brain surgery, or to help determine if an individual suffers from dementia.
- I have given talks to hundreds of people about psychological diagnosis and treatment. I conducted a day long conference for mental health practitioners at Kaiser Permanente on Psychiatric Diagnosis and Treatment Planning.
- I teach classes on Psychological Diganosis and Treatment Planning, Substance Abuse Counseling, Human Growth and Development, Addictions, and Domestic Violence
- I work with individuals on various life issues including: treatment of anxiety/panic/worry, depression, effects of trauma, grief, relationship issues, addiction, codependency and self-improvement
I am a resident clinical psychologist with CounsellingResource.com and answers questions of readers in the “Ask A Psychologist” section of the website. Check out her bio at http://counsellingresource.com/ask-the-psychologist/about/
and check out the Ask A Psychologist feature at http://counsellingresource.com/ask-the-psychologist/
Also “Like” my Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alisa-Robinson-PhD-CELEBRITY-PSYCHOLOGY/114347161926580
Alisa is available to meet with members of the press or media regarding mental health issues. Please email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries.